Open Casting Call – The Star Factory
An open casting call is being held on January 28th for the stage play, “Shady”. You will have one minute to showcase your talents. Script sides will be provided at the audition for all main and supporting roles. Various roles available for all ages and ethnicities. Please see below and be sure to read character descriptions carefully before auditioning.
Casting Call Details:
Saturday, January 28th, 2012 from 12:00pm to 4:00pm
The Star Factory
Oak Park, MI 48237
- Giselle Whitfield: African-American female, early 20′s. Up and coming actress who is deep in love with her fiance. Comes from a broken home. Had a troublesome childhood but has grown to be very different from her past with her love for the finer things in life. Thin to medium build and light to medium complexion preferred. Must have strong vocal capabilities.
- Jodie Jamison: African-American male, mid 20′s. Engaged to giselle. An aspiring screenwriter who is looking to sell his first film. Jodie is very sneaky, controlling, self absorbed, and money hungry. Must be physically fit and willing to be shirtless. Must have strong vocal capabilities.
- Gertrude Mitchell: African-American female, early 60′s. Giselle’s grandmother. A “tell it like is”, old school & jazzy grandmother who is dealing with the early stages of dementia. Very loving, caring, and supportive spirit.
- Greta Mitchell: African-American female, late 30′s – 40′s. A modern day “mommy dearest” from the hood. Bitter, jealous and envious of her child. Age progresses from late 20′s to 30′s.
- Greg Mitchell: African-American male, mid -late 20′s. Brother of giselle. Very stylish, outgoing, and smart with a strong personality.
- Sequoia Fitch: African-American female, giselle’s hilarious best friend, very flashy and colorful with her wardrobe. Proud of her “ghetto” roots. Very comedic/dramatic.
- Nurse Stella: Caucasian female, 30′s. Nurse at the local clinic with a “kim zolciak” look and attitude from real housewives of atlanta. She’s a motivator and sometimes a voice of reason.
Other Ensemble/Extra Roles:
- Clinic Patrons
- Party Goers
- Craig (Greta’s long time boyfriend)
- Backup Singers
Some roles are paid, others will receive complimentary tickets and credit.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying please notify us at YourEntourageAgency@gmail.com and attend the open casting call and email your headshot and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Please include the role you are applying for in the subject line of your email. You must bring a copy of your headshot and resume to the casting call.